|The Blind Ape of Truth
This is the 4500 year old terra cotta statue sculpted at the command of Nephren-Ka, the Black Pharaoh. There were originally dozens of them, but all were lost over the centuries. George Wilshire's archeologists discovered one in 1927 at Meidum, and the statue was subsequently stolen from Wilshire's home by J.D.Titan. It was found clutched in the mummy's hand in the first scenario of the game. The Investigators later discovered that the symbol of Nyarlathotep carved into the chest of the ape glows when exposed to ultraviolet light.
The prop was sculpted by Chris Lackey out of polymer clay, which was then rolled in sand for surface texture. Photo by Stephanie Morey.